Summary of Qualifications __________________________________________________________
I am a current, and experienced business professional with more than twenty-eight years’ of business experience My career has been about building mutually beneficial relationships with small businesses in the pursuit of profitable revenue growth. In those twenty-eight years I have gained extensive business experience as an entrepreneur, executive, non-profit contributor and business owner.
Relevant Experience _________________________________________________________________
- Consulting. Since starting Beartooth Business Consulting in the winter of 2016 we have worked with our clients on a number of issues including Strategic Planning, financial management, facility expansions, non profit development, and marketing plans. We help you to identify the issues getting in the way to growing your organization and then assist you in developing both short term and long term strategies to overcome these issues and enable your organization to reach the pinnacle of it’s success.
- Franchise management. Over the course of my career, managing the relationship between the franchisor and the franchisee has been the cornerstone of my executive experience. Having the point of view as both the franchisor and the franchisee/business owner provides me with a unique perspective on the sensitivity of managing the franchise relationship and understanding how successful franchisors create buy-in from their franchise systems. Being able to adapt to the changing environment of franchisee/franchisor relationship is a strength I have honed over 27 years.
- Project management. I successfully managed large-scale projects for KOA, daily in my own business and Sir Speedy Inc./Franchise Services Inc. This execution included conception through business planning/pro-forma to system-wide execution.
- Marketing. Educating franchisees of the synergies between a brand building national advertising program combined with effective local advertising is key to the continued growth of each franchise location.
- Team management. I have been an effective manager of people over the past twenty-seven years, leading teams from 4 to 20 people. Strategic planning and encouraging action by the right team in support of that plan can accomplish great things.
- Financial management. I have always had financial/P&L, responsibility and have a comprehensive understanding of balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements and budgeting. These budgets have ranged in size from a few hundred thousand dollars to 16 million dollars.
Employment history ________________________________________________________________
Beartooth Business Consulting, September 2015 – Present
We provide the tools small businesses need to set goals and implement business-management practices in order to meet those goals. Our purpose is to work with small business owners and non-profit organizations to make better decisions, allowing them to operate more efficiently, increase revenues, make more money and maximize the businesses value. www.beartoothbiz.com
Kampgrounds of America, Inc., Billings, MT
• Director of Special Projects – RV & Boat Storage March 2015 – August 2015
Responsibilities: To research the storage industry and develop a business plan and pro-forma for development and operation of RV & Boat Storage for KOA. The project has been scaled back to one small facility and did not need full-time development services
• Assistant Vice President Franchise Services August 2011 – March 2015
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the ongoing support and health of KOAs franchise system of 450 franchisees. As the AVP of Franchisee Services I led a team that were directly involved in all facets of training, events, field support and quality assurance.
Sir Speedy Printing and Marketing Services, Centennial, Colorado
• Owner and General Manager , 1998 – 2011
- Century Club, 2001 – 2008
- Million Dollar Award, 2003
- Presidents Council, 2003 – 2011
Franchise Services Inc./ Sir Speedy Inc., Mission Viejo, California 1987 – 199
• Vice President of Business Development Responsibilities: research, developing, and implementing new business opportunities for the franchise network and non-traditional revenue sources for Franchise Services. This included, but was not limited to Major Account program, Co-Branding, new franchise development and acquisitions
• Vice President of Franchise Services 1995 – 1997 Responsibilities: Planning and managing the support programs for the successful operation of 800 plus Sir Speedy franchise locations and 100 plus Copies Now locations.
• Assistant Vice President Franchise Services
• Eastern Regional Operations Manager
• Business Management Consultant
- Billings West High School, 1978
- Eastern Montana College, 1980
- Montana State University, 1978 – 1981
- Real Estate Accreditation, State of Arizona, 1986
- Finance and Accounting for the Non-Financial Manager, Wharton School of Business, 1996
- Red Lodge Songwriter Festival • Co-Founder and Director, 2016 – Present
- Red Lodge Chamber of Commerce, 2017 – Present
- Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center, BOEC • Board member, 2003-2010
- Vice Chair, 2004-2006 • Volunteer ski instructor, 2003-2011
References _______________________________________________________________________ Don Lowe –
Don Lowe – CEO, Franchise Services Inc.
Rich Lowe – President, Franchise Services Inc.
Pat Hittmeier – CEO, Kampgrounds of America